Mission Possible Conference 2020
Today’s Family: Rewards & Challenges
March 18, 2020 – Nacogdoches, Texas
Learn and connect with your peers at MISSION POSSIBLE on Wednesday, March 18 from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm in the Baker Pattillo Student Center on the SFASU campus in Nacogdoches, TX. This conference will apply to offer 6.5 contact hours for counselors, social workers, LMFTs, and activity professionals. Nurses will receive 5.4 hours. A 3-hour workshop on Texas Ethics for LPCs, LMFTs and social workers will be offered.
Educator CEs are not pre-approved, contact your school district curriculum and instruction office for potential CE approval (i.e. Nacogdoches ISD has approved CE for their employees who attend). We can supply our agenda and proof of attendance.
- Participants will identify strengths in the family unit while exploring family dynamics and diversity.
- Participants will learn tools to improve family communication to foster connectedness, inclusion, and growth.
- Participants will explore tips on managing challenging behaviors and conflicts in special populations.
There are five separate learning tracks:
- Mental Health and Nursing Professionals
- Youth and Schools
- Health and Wellness
- Elderly and Alzheimer’s
- Consumers and the general public
Free Preconference sponsored by the Alzheimer’s Association
The day prior to the event, on Tuesday, March 17, 2020, from 2-4 p.m., the Alzheimer’s Association invites all participants to a pre-conference event held in the Movie Theatre in the SFASU Baker Pattillo Student Center. The event has applied to offer 2.0 hours of continuing education credit.
Interested in Presenting at Mission Possible?
The Mission Possible Planning Committee is now accepting presentation proposals for the 25th Annual Conference. The committee is looking for evidence-based presentations that will be enjoyable and educational for our attendees. All presentations should complement our conference theme. The submission deadline is Monday, December 16, more information can be found here.
How to Register:
Online registration will open early to mid-December 2019.
See Conference FAQs for information about parking, refunds and special assistance.
Mission Possible is made possible thanks to the following organizations:
- Texas AHEC East Piney Woods Region
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Texas Department of State Health Services – Rusk State Hospital
- Stephen F. Austin State University
For more information call (936) 639-1141 or E-mail Kinnie Reina.